Our services

Getting help overseas

We provide assistance to Australians in difficulty overseas, but there are limits to what we can do.

How to get help

Consular Services Charter

Consular services and assistance provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Read the Consular Services Charter

Your privacy

Our consular officers will do their utmost to protect your privacy.

Consular Privacy Collection Statement

Legalising documents

We provide legalisation of documents for Australians or people planning to use documents in Australia.

Legalising documents

Register your travel plans

Register your travel plans so that we can contact you in an emergency.

Register now

Subscribe to travel advice updates

Receive up-to-date information about the countries you are interested in.

Subscribe for the latest information

Passport information

Call the Australian Passport Information Service (APIS) on 131 232 or visit the Australian Passport Office website.

Contact us

We welcome your feedback

Contact us